Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Scottsboro City Election Political Forum 2010 Photos

My opening and closing presentations at last nights political forum. Click on the image for an expanded view.

Garry Morgan, your candidate for Place 4 on the Scottsboro City Council.


The first question I drew from the basket involved BRAC and how should we go about bringing BRAC employees to Scottsboro.
*
I discussed aggressive marketing as a program to bring BRAC personnel to Scottsboro. I also mentioned that each one of us has the potential answer to that problem as word of mouth is always the best advertising. The Chamber of Commerce and our news media does and excellent job but we must go to Huntsville and the communities surrounding Huntsville and make an active effort to bring BRAC personnel to Scottsboro thru an aggressive marketing program.
*
After receiving the Bellefonte question from Mr. Paulk a laughter arose from those in the audience, I also laughed, what are the odds the last question in the basket would be about Bellefonte. I drew the #4 spot which left me with the last question in the basket. The question concerned Bellefonte and Nuclear Power. My answer: [paraphrased}"TVA is important to Scottsboro's and Jackson County's economy. TVA is important to our growth and future development. When the Bellefonte nuclear plant comes on line you the citizens of Jackson County and Scottsboro will know that the plant will be safe because Garry Morgan and the groups I am a member will insist on its safety and will insure the laws are upheld as to the construction of the facility."

No comments:

Post a Comment